Nail Art: Pastel Goth inspired by the Nailasaurus

Hello Lovelies,

For today's mani I was inspired by this Pastel Goth look by Sammy, you can also find a tutorial if you visit her blog.


I started off with a base of Essie's Pearly White, 2 coats and another extra third coat on my thumb and pinky for a perfectly opaque finish, so the crosses would have a nice even colour. Then I used Sammy's saran wrap technique, there are different ways to do this. Normally I would apply my polish  to the saran wrap ball and sponge each colour on seperately, but this time I created a marble on a seperate sheet, as shown in her tutorial. This was a little more messy, but I got a nice, even marbled effect as opposed to layers of bloched on paint, like I would with 'my' method.
For the crosses, I taped my nails with straight nail vinyls before using the saran wrap technique.


Next I waited for the paint to dry, so I could stamp over it. I did so with the Hipster plate no.08 by Moyou London and white Konad polish.


I finally realised, I need some nail charms in my life! I wanted to add a nice, striking accent to the look. But all I had was some big rhinestones, so I settled with this white teardrop shaped one.


Lastly I added a coat of Seche Vite to seal in my designs, add some shine and not having to worry about getting dents in my many. This stuff is magic, I tell ya! How did I ever live without it? I've even gotten used to the strange smell... I have yet to find a new source to purchase Seche Vite as it's not sold here (as far as I know) and I can't justify flying over to London everytime I run out... Or can I?

What's your holy grail of all top coats, that makes you break down in tears when you run out?

Posted in , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.